Wednesday 5 March 2014

altered calender...CAS Style!






Hello people....
CAS cards or layouts!!!...I am totally challenged to handle this style, but who wants to give up! Yes, I have tried my hand at doing an altered table top calendar in this style with a vintage photo...of me, when I was 4yrs old!


I must admit...it took me a couple of hours and a headache to visualize and execute this mini layout! With due respect to all you crafters who handle this with ease, I really would like you all give this project a closer look and highlight the good and the bad. Yes, I am learning and need to know...


I always got the feeling that I am missing something out...minimum embellishments is just not "me" and I had a tough time stopping it here!


I did enjoy layering the photo mat...also attempeted stitching the photo to piece of rugged canvas. The stitches have come out pretty well and the green PP beneath is torn and crumpled to give little more dimension. The base PP, the yellow CC, photo and the canvas edges are all distressed using scissors.
 
I just thought I'll remind myself to "smile" in this pic! The quote clipped to the clothes pin is from Inkadinkado and just right for this LO. The coconut shell buttons add life to clothespin which has a coat of gesso.
 
the flowers are made using CL daisy die and have used mini bricks stencil and yellow acrylic paint to give some texture.
 
And that's it...pretty simple eh? Did I miss anything here...You tell me.
Am linking this to..
http://citycrafter.blogspot.in/2014/03/city-crafter-challenge-blog-week-201.html
http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.in/2014/03/3-5-or-7.html
(7 layers, 5 colors, black,white,brown,yellow and green. 3flowers, 5 buttons)
http://lessology.blogspot.in/2014/03/lessology-challenge-34-laundry-day.html
http://ppsuae.blogspot.in/2014/03/march-challenge-clean-and-simple.html
http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.in/2014/03/challenge-196-sketch-challenge.html


Until then,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling.
Hugs.

15 comments:

  1. LOL...I Sooooo am with you re: "CAS" - I adore it, admire it, TRY it - but I find myself just wanting to add 'one more thing'.....so, go you, giving it a go!! And I do think, the more you do it the easier it gets:):) I do really love what you've done - the peg is a real focal point, too, which is nice...& your layers. YUM!! And I"m saying it again - thanks for joining us at LESSology!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First things first........that is a cute pic Rupa !! love all you have done.....as for me my challenge is embellishing, I may admire lovely layered and embellished stuff done by others but can only do simple, minimal kinda stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rupa ! I am neither good at CAS nor at Lo...all I can say is..Its Lovely ! wonderful layers n colors..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous ... what a great photo! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely work. CAS is difficult and so is vintage. A lovely project and a cute photo of you. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday 3,5,7. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is precious, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you were adorable at 4. What a fabulous project!
    CAS actually takes longer because you have to remove stuff..lol..but great effort!
    Thanks for joining us at LESSology again...your support means a great deal!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww....That is such a beautiful picture!!! Love those big curls!! Great take on this weeks sketch and I'm so glad you incorporated into your beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun and adorable!!! Thanks for sharing this weel at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really gorgeous creation. Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome picture! SO cute! Great take on the sketch! Beautiful LO! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tip top project! Love the colors you picked and the flow of the project! The Smile sentiment is adorable! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome!! LOVING the colors!!! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology!!

    ReplyDelete