Monday 28 April 2014

mini altered canvas




Hello Crafters....

I have been toying with altereing a mini box canvas and decided to do something for my husband, whose birthday is tomorrow! It's blazing hot in this part of India, so I thought I will stick to some aqua colors that can visually be cooling!!!
 

I layered the canvas with torn pages from a novel with gel medium matte and then gave a coat of gessso.
 
Later,adhered some washi tapes, and measuring tape( since my husband heads a garment division) to go with the masculine theme. I applied layers of acrylic color tubes, yellow ochre, turquoise and green and blended using a baby wipe.
 
Later took out the gears stencil from Kaisercraft and mini bricks from crafters template and added some textures on the canvas randomly. used acrylic paints too on the stencils and stuck torn CC in some place.
 
I stamped the TH visual artistry stamp on the novel page and tore it and made it the focal point here with the sentiment from Kaisercraft too.
Th weathered clock with music stamp on it and some buttons stuck randomly completes the canvas. I have also stamped my husbands birth date for that extra special feel!
 
There are random textures and stamping on the sides, top and bottom of the canvas for an alround effect.
 
 
I hope he likes it...
Well, do let me know what you think about this.
Thanks so much for stopping by...
Until then,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling,
Cheers.
Am linking this to....
http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.in/2014/04/sos-148-happy-earth-day.html
http://avenue613.blogspot.in/2014/04/challenge-69-anything-goes.html
http://lexiscreations.blogspot.co.uk/
http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.in/2014/04/in-spotlight-mini-challenge-christi.html
















8 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful canvas. I'm sure he will love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fab Rupa..loved the color n textures !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color & textures..............great to see this minus the flowers ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gift! I hope he enjoys it! Thank you SO much for joining in my Spotlight Challenge at Anything But a Card ~ Christi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome canvas. The colors and layer upon layer of wonderful embellishments are such a joy to see. Thanks for joining our Challenge last week in my neighborhood---613 Avenue Create! Please join us again for another wonderful Challenge beginning today. Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your masculine canvas is fabulous,so many wonderful details, awesome job! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations

    ReplyDelete