Saturday 9 August 2014

Trunk load of memories!

Hello Crafters,

Am happy happy, Mr.mojo finally decided to visit my craft room...I was a little low on creativity the last few days and feeling low on that count, BUT not now!!!
Before I get too excited, would like to thank all of you who stop by my blog, leave their comments and also those who follow my work, hope to keep you all happy too!
I enjoyed today's project to its every stitch!! I love doing miniatures and this is double bonanza cos I made a mini suitcase with an empty soap carton and then a mini album inside it too! LOVE...
You may wonder why I took the trouble of altering a soap carton and not just score a CS and startt...but that's the joy of re cycling! You have to experience it.

I have used the Prima, sunrise sunset paper line for this and the colors are pinks, yellows, greens and tinges of brown to keep it vintage! I have machine stitched the PP to the card stock to make signatures and then hand stitched them to the box.

Loved the distressing and inking and using my new  TH alteration die(hardware findings).
As the title suggests, there is space for a lot of pictures, journaling and tags too ...literally trunk loads! So come lets go on a summer vacation ladies...ready!



I have heat embossed the handle and the hardware findings die cut in green and fixed it with white brads. the mini lock and key is resin charm using the mod mold and then colored in black and rubbed with Inka gold..the rusted metallic look.
 The box when open...couldn't resist fixing the dashing pink flower made using TH tarred florals and Georgette fabric. Some tiny tags here...


 The last box lid too has space for tag inserts and a vintage pocket watch too!


The feminine tags inside with a lots of Tims techniques , swishing, swashing, flicking water and ghost stamping, dry embossing...

I had some vintage girlie pics and quotes which you can see on the other side of the tags. All tags are finally inked with walnut stain.
 My box can stand on it's own legs...yes it has flat back pearls as feet!!!

The spine of the box is canvas cloth stamped with TH visual artistry( ruler) which is exactly an inch wide and perfect for this. The box sits too on pearly feet!
That's the end of the tour! Hope you enjoyed the summery vintage colors and Oh! so girlie suitcase! A great
travel companion right!
There you see it dangling from my finger! See ya..Bye.
Do let me know what you think of this mini. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Am linking this to...
Until then,
Happy crafting and recycling.
Hugs.

32 comments:

  1. Wow! Your mojo is at a peek level. Really inspired project, I understand why you are so happy about it: it's a brilliant idea, and the realization is wonderful!

    Have a creative weekend, Rupa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Rupa...this is so cute and fabulously perfect at the same time....beautiful & beyond my imaginations...Grt work..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super cute Rupa. You are simply amazing with your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW that is beautiful, I didn't appreciate the scale of it until the last picture! that was a labour of love! Many thanks for joining Rhedd's Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute little case! Now I'm going to have to start saving my soap boxes! Is there no end to this hoarding? Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just awesome. Thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! So much vintage charm packed into your adorable little valise album!! It's packed with vintage charm and soooooo many gorgeous details! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, beautiful vintage charm! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible! I thought it was much larger (like A5 size!) until I saw the final picture. Just brilliant! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its very small !! I loved how you put so much in each of your altering/recycling project always Rupa ,Its very Inspiring !! Loved h e bright green on vintage browns...n stitching a lot ! Those lovely images add to the beauty ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rupa, I'm stuck for words......this is just so good, love your design, the stitching, the book, absolutely everything is so stunning with this project and I hope you get a well deserved win at one of the challenges you have entered with it.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So creative and beautiful! What a great way to recycle the soap boxes. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous work. TFS over at Altered Eclectics this month - hope to see you again in future challenges. Hugz Ellapu x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rupa,
    Woww, great! I love your work!
    Have you see, we have a DT call!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapping4Fun Challenge! Hope, we see you again.
    Sandra DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.de/2014/08/challenges-23-something-girly.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful trunk box rups, you inspire a lot dear

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so creative! I love mini albums! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This project is so much fun to look at with all the wonderful vintage goodies - and all in such a teeny tiny package. Thanks for joining us at Frilly & Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome, love all the detail and that you used recycling
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fun mini trunk :) Enjoyed your post thoroughly :). All the inking and upcycling!! Wow! You truly are an inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is wonderful! I am just so impressed with the little soap box/suit case, and then you throw in the mini and I'm over the moon. I could sense your joy as I read your post....it's wonderful! (I think I spy some Crafty Secrets goodies in there, too! You should link this up over at the Crafty Secrets August Linky Party as well. ) Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh my I am speachless.... what a fantastic upcycling and an awesome creation...love it all...just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. There's so much to see in this Rupa and you must have taken an age to create it! Love the little suitcase and all those matching tags inside. Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beauty-- love it Rupa an dyes -- recycling gives one such a high!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous Rupa. A feast for the eyes. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous!!! Your are so creative and an amazing recycler! This album is a girl's treasure and would be cute sitting on a desk. Always amazed :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am in awe! I soap box! Really?! That is genius! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a clever idea. Would never have thought.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Crafting and recycling?! Great combination and what a clever and CUTE idea. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D

    ReplyDelete