Wednesday 11 February 2015

A Journey Of Love !

Hello crafters..
It’s the month of LOVE and am back again soon with another project to share with you!
this I think will be a small post and has loooots of browns! After a few projects I had done before this, my hands were itching to touch the browns and this has a whole lot of it, lol!
A good friend of mine wanted a “special” gift for her husband and she had a few pointers for me.
These two had met during a flight travel and that’s how their “love” blossomed. So she wanted something that would remind them of that moment, 
no pinks(understandable!), 
no flowers..difficult, but possible, 
masculine and classy…that’s it. 
What do you think…I knew I was going to love doing this and this is what I came up with…

A wallet style album with pockets, flaps, folds and tags! Loads of brown…yummy!
I used Kraft CS and TH wall flower paper pack. My heart allowed me to tear only one page thought I needed three 12X12 sheets…so for the rest, I tore a few pages from an old school atlas (perfect for the journey theme) and a dull red PP from DCWV…I think these 2 papers just complemented the lovely wall flower paper…have a look.
The wallet cover has the lovely TH paper with the script side up and I made the label using TH stamps…stamped it on canvas, distressed the edges and mounted on card board.

The gear is a resin mold, sprayed with black and metallic gold acrylic colors and so is the hand made band “LOVE”. I made this using air drying clay, stamped the word, colored with acrylic sprays and pierced a hole to insert some red twine!

A little ticket tucked says it all…”admit one only in my heart”, lol! On the top I have a eyelet from which dangles a lovely vintage car, metal charm with some gold chain and some mini ornate book corners adds that classy metal look to the wallet!
When the wallet opens..
To the left..

I have used sheets from the atlas, some more stamping on tags, a little vintage clock held together with a little red wooden peg.
The center..

Has a belly band with more tags and space for journaling.
To the right..

More atlas sheet panels and some tags with the vintage jeep this time!





The bottom flap..

Opens up to reveal another pocket which has another photo mat. On the whole, this wallet can hold up to 25 photos of different sizes..PRICELESS!
The wallet is held together with an antique gold magnetic clasp.
I love making albums, and this one is really special cos it really has all the elements that I like to work with and mostly…it has lots of browns and is vintage too. What can I ask for…
My friend loved it and am waiting for the final verdict when she surprises her husband this weekend!  Keeping my fingers crossed..
Before that, I would like to have your feedback, that will make the wait easier for me, lol!
I would like to have my wallet enter the following challenges…
A VintageJourney – metal embellishments, spray, twine and also ephemera and paints.
Lessology- Tic tock (vintage clock embellishment and stamp, and pages from an old atlas re cycled)
CraftHoarders Anonymous- How I love thee
Make MyMonday – Valentine
SentimentalSundays- as much or as little  red

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Until my next creative journey,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling.
Big Hugs











39 comments:

  1. Brilliant Rupa! I would have ran the other way after hearing 'no pink and no flowers', but you really hit the nail on the head! She must have been thrilled when you presented her with this amazing project! I love all the maps and the little pockets! Just fabulous! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamellia..I started laughing reading your comment...I can just imagine, lol! I love doing masculine projects, it's a real challenge. Have a great weekend dear.

      Delete
  2. How stylish and vintage and I enjoyed your photography backdrops too! So clever to add the red rose for a pop of interest
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia.. learning to take photographs too!

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! I love the vintage feel and all the browns. :)
    Thank you for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly wonderful even if it doesn't have pink or flowers! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do such lovely projects....& this is a wonderful masculine one! LOOOVE the vintage vibe:):) Thanks so much for joining us, as always, at LESSology....love checking out what you've made:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you Lizzy. Thanks a bunch. Hugs.

      Delete
  6. Lovely project! An awesome masculine album!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect Valentines gift for a man Rupa, it's easy to see why your friend love it. I love the map on the inside and your charms hanging from it. Beautifully made. Thanks for joining in the challenge at A Vintage Journey and congrats on being one of our latest Pinworthies with your stunning open book.
    Have a lovely weekend, Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie...That's a great news for this weekend! Hugs.

      Delete
  8. This is a gem! I love all the pockets and fold outs! Beautiful construction! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous make and a fantastic keepsake for the recipient. Great to have you on board at AVJ this fortnight
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, love all the pockets and all the details of your project. Thanks for sharing with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super cool Rupa, what a fantastic album, this is real work of art :) Thank you for playing with us at LESSology :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely masculine album! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great masculine wallet design! love the maps, the twine and chain - a lovely keepsake for your friends! thanks for joining us in the AVJ Tic Tac Toe challenge Rupa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just lovely, Rupa - fabulous use of the papers and great subtle embellishing. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too, love your masculine wallet Rupa, it is a mini masterpiece, I love the papers you used and all the wonderful embellishment. Just beautiful! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely masculine and classy Rupa, a fabulous present to make for your friends. Thanks for popping aboard A Vintage Journey with such a fabulous creation.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Brenda...glad to know the entire team liked it!

      Delete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Super cool take on our challenge at LESSology! HUGS for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Mitra. .really happy you liked it. Big hugs.

      Delete
  18. This is just my kind of project! I love the travel theme of it! Wonderful job! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!

    ReplyDelete