Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Fully "Archived" ...

Hello Friends…
A warm welcome to all of you…I am back after a much needed holiday and that too a “Dream Come True” getaway…yes, I finally made it to a 10 day European tour! Had so much fun and the highlight being the snow play in Switzerland…what a feeling!
With that heady feel and memories afresh, I share with you my today’s altered project.
I have altered a thrift store plastic pot and have given it an antique look. The colors are inspired by cool cool Swiss ambience…But no snow here eh...lol!
This is what it looks like now after the makeover.

Let’s get on with the step by step….
First of all, primed the surface with gesso and sponge, a generous e2 coats and for the second coat, I added a few drops of blue ink to the gesso. This gave the pot a lovely icy blue color and then I went about shading the edges with cornflower blue Archival ink.
The sponging gave the pot a natural coarseness and then I further added texture with TH burlap stencil and cornflower blue archival ink.
Next, I did some random text stamping using Bo Bunny stamps and potting soil Archival ink. The butterflies were also stamped with black Archival ink. Finally, I did some black color splats and edged the pot with brown and black ink give it an aged look. That’s a lot of Archival Ink on one project, and hence the title, lol!
The pot was ready for some embellishments…I decided to make my own ornate embellies for this. I used some packaging cardboard and Sizzix Fleur de Lis die to cut out 3 pieces.
 I applied some air drying clay on the die cut and created an ornate texture on it using Micia stamps. Before it dried, I applied some black acrylic color and dusted in some metallic silver color.
The silver fler de lis was ready to be altered further! I aged it by rubbing Paper Artsy rusting powder with some white vinegar. I love the real rust smell that comes and within minutes the rusty crust appears on the surface.
The aged and rusted silver fleur was further embellished with a chunky white Rhinestone which was embedded inside a mini ornate oval frame! This was made using air dry clay and modge melt silicon mold. I colored it using alcohol inks and rubbed in a bit of metallic silver too!
I placed all the 3 silver embellies around the pot and there it is. I thought a silver lining on the rim of the pot would complete the look and am finally happy with the way this pot got turned around! 
The cool minty colors will always remind me of the Alps and my love for Vintage and worn out stuff too got its share on this project.
I love altering home décor items and this one is no exception…this is the final look! Looks like I need to wait for some other blooming pot from the garden…but these handmade blooms don’t look bad either!
You will be seeing more such projects inspired by my holiday and as always I would love to know what you have to say about this one.
I am entering my antique pot in the following challenges…
Beyond GreyChallenges – Make your own embellishments
Mixed MediaWorld – Vintage
ArtisticInspirations – Ag with a twist of die cuts
Frillie andFunky– Happy Happy ( the outcome of my holiday, lol)
Stamps andStencils – 3 of a kind
That CraftPlace – Shabby Chic
ABCChallenge – J is for Jewels
Until my next Creative Journey,
Happy Crafting and Re Cycling.
Hugs.



















37 comments:

  1. SO pretty and good you finally got to play in the snow...it is indeed a heady experience!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, Sonia...loved every part of the snow episode. Thanks for the visit today.

      Delete
  2. love the textures on this Rupa !! great trip..looks like you came back with plenty of new ideas !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suman and yes, wait and watch.

      Delete
  3. Yet another lovely project...Cool colors, great textures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total gorgeousness, Rupa...love your this creation to it bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..Amazing makeover ! I loved the texture and lovely colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous transformation Rupa!! I just love the blue and gold together and your treatment of the Fleur de Lis die cuts is spectacular!! Wonderful background designs, so perfect for a garden pot! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamellia. Hugs.

      Delete
    2. How wonderful to see your thumbnail at Frilly and Funkie! Thank you so much for joining us for our 'Happy, Happy' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
  7. Fantastic transformation Rupa! I love how you have coloured the background, and the embellishments you made are brilliant you have made a humble plastic pot look a million dollars! I look forward to seeing some more projects inspired by your European travels. Thank you for sharing this fab piece with us over at Stamps and Stencils Toni x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Toni for looking into all the details and am so happy you liked it. I do have a few ideas inspired from the trip...let's see how I can make it a reality! Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Totally transformed, love the background of your 'alpine pot' and then the addition of your gilded bejewelled motifs make for a fabulous result! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made it sound so classy and elegant and thanks you so much or that, Ruth.

      Delete
  9. Another fantastic transformation Rupa! Love the textures! Wondering how you will alter the other pot ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanvi...and yes, that is for another day!

      Delete
  10. Waw this looks such a lovely creation! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what an alteration! Stunning colours and love the fleur de lis.
      Thank you for entering the challenge over at the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
      xxSAMxx TCP DT.
      💚 My Blog 💚
      💚 That Craft Place Challenge Blog 💚
      💚 That Craft Place on Facebook 💚

      Delete
  11. You really rocked this one. What an amazing pot and your Fleur de Lis is amazing! It's all so grungy yummy! Thanks for sharing with us and making us "HAPPY" at Frilly and Funkie! Cheers, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole...happy that you are happy. Hugs.

      Delete
  12. What an amazing pot! Well done!
    Thanks for sharing and joining us at ABC Challenge!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Tofa, this altered vase is outstanding. The colours, the texture and the stamped details are amazing! Looks like you had fun in Europe , I'm glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gio, glad you liked it. Hugs.

      Delete
  14. Wow, what an alteration! Stunning colours and love the fleur de lis.
    Thank you for entering the challenge over at the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
    xxSAMxx TCP DT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful way of celebrating your trip Rupa. A beautiful transformation to your pot. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That's stunning! I like your embelishment.
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creation. Fantastic ageing Thanks for playing along with MMW hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an epic project! I too love to alter things and all things vintage. Thanks for entering the shabby chic challenge over at That Craft Place. Hugs, Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it !!! Now i want one too !!!!!!!!
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete