Sunday 14 June 2015

One for my "garden"...

Hello Crafty peeps…
Welcome to my page today. A lovely challenge out at Anything But A Card..”Out and About ”….Celebrate Nature.Create any altered art/mixed media project but no cards please…and you can see some lovely inspirations form then DT’s here.
My recent holiday trip to Europe triggered this project and it was so apt with the theme too! Yet another trash to treasure project…if you have a few empty TP rolls and some old CD’s that you can part with, then you make one too!
I enjoyed the scenic rides around the country side and almost every house had one of these in their garden and how I longed to have one in mine too. Given a choice, I would have just brought back one from one of the gardens but practical issue you see…but never the less, I wasn’t giving up!
I decided to make a miniature of what I wanted so that in the days to come I can have a “real one” if I work hard on that.
For the time being I shall satisfy myself with this…any guesses on what it could be?
Here it is….

A mini log planter garden! Yes, I loved the real ones I saw and knew this had to feature in my garden some day, but this mini sits in my drawing room now!
Here is the process..
I cut the TP’s in various heights with hand to revel a rugged edge. Then I gave it a mild coat of texture paste and then used my acrylics and use the “dry brush technique” to get the wood log. Once the logs were ready, I adhered some white sand to an unused CD and then stuck the logs ion there.
This garden is in full bloom…the foliage, the leaves and plants are all die cuts. I cut a whole bunch of leaves with CLD tropical leaves and used florists wire to make mini plants and shrubs. I have inked the leaves to make it look real and the ferns are  from Tattered lace.
The tiny flowers are from CLD Shasta daisy and also joy crafts, inked and in full bloom in the garden. I filled the logs too with white sand and had the plants and planted in there and they started to bloom too!
With so much of freshness and life, the butterflies had to appear. I stamped some Bo Bunny butterflies on text paper and colored them with DI and had them perched near their comfort zone. I think they look happy there.
I had this lovely quote from Stampendeous and decided to have them nailed on the log! I stamped the quote on canvas cloth, distressed the edges of the canvas with distress tool and made some “faux rusted” nails to fix them on to the log. Of course with the daily watering and the outdoor life, the nails had to rust, lol!
I layered some TP logs as feet for the mini garden!
Shall we take a 360 degree turn to see what’s behind?
Here it is…it must be a dream house, lol! I would love to hang in there all day long, what say?
I made a cute little bird hole in the log, used some coconut coir for nest and made eggs with air dry clay. 

The bird is a resin mold painted with acrylics.
So, that’s my happy little place and some day I hope to make this dream come true. Hope this inspires you to play along.
I would like to have my logs enter the following challenges…
Unruly paperArts- Great outdoors
2 Creativechicks – AG no cards
Simon MondayChallenge – For the love of plants
Crafty Gals- Great outdoors
Re cycle, Repurpose, Re invent – AG but must re cycle.
Until my next Creative Journey,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling
Cheers.























31 comments:

  1. Enna solla...Such an artistic soul U r...Love every bit of the project!
    Really now ...wanna spend some real good time with u in ur craft studio... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nee onnum solla vendam...just come over! Hugs dear and THANKS.

      Delete
  2. Wow Rupa LOVE LOVE LOVE your totally adorable project. The foliage from your leaves and placement of your flowers is utterly stunning. Oh and the little bird a perfect finishing touch along with those rusty nails. I do hope you win your challenges with this as is such a worthy winner.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaa...thanks a bunch Julie...I also feel high with those comments, nothing else matter. Big hugs and great week ahead to you.

      Delete
  3. An amazing detailed project, a fantastic miniature creation, love the sweet bird nest.. I hope you get your dream of a full sized one soon.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Amazing project, Rupa! Love the little birdies xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning one rups. i totally love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my bageezus! This is incredible and so very detailed. I thought the flowers and such were the fake flowers you get in the floral department of a craft store. You made all these lovelies!?! Wowzers and amazeballs! This is stunning! I can't say enought awesome words to describe all the yumminess!!! Hugz! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been smiling and laughing as I read this. THANK you so much Niki. You made my day. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Rupa, each and every leaf and flower had got plenty of TLC from you and each is unique, your bird has chosen such a pretty and peaceful place to nest in, love the quotations, awesome awesome creation !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suman...such a sweet thing to say! i love plants and I hope they are happy in there!

      Delete
  8. Wow Rupa!! This is a show stopper for sure!! Your foliage looks so real, for a minute I thought you had actually used real plants! Holy freaking wowsers! I am so in love with the little bird and the nest, what an amazing detail!! No never miss a beat my friend! Absolutely love this! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my. It's just so catchy. Love it Rupa. Logs look so real. Lil birds nest is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  10. how pretty thank you for joining challenge at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous project! Love all the greenery and the bird with the nest is so cute! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Rupa... this is sooooo pretty... Perfect for this months theme...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a talent Rupa, I do envy the way your mind works...everything to create is gorgeous and this piece is just as gorgeous...I love it...xx
    Many thanks for commenting on my Mixed Media Canvas... it means a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey rupa... When I saw the pic of this project I thought you have made these gorgeous flowers and the leaves are store bought or maybe real ones. But after reading your post I couldn't believe they are handmade... The leaves look so fresh and real.... Can you share the secret to make these original leaves?? And also what type of colours you have used on them?? The wooden bark texture is looking awesome Rupa!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful, Rupa - it's always such a delight to visit here, as you never know what you're going to find.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! lovely piece and loving the details:) Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rupa, Your creations are always so wonderful and this one is so very inventive. I love all the beautiful details in your little garden from the polished rocks to the little bird's nest. It is all absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining us in the June challenge on Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent and hope you will come join us again.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent Monthly Challenge
    Doodle Pieces Original Art by Chris Stern
    CS Designs - Original Digital Stamps

    ReplyDelete