Sunday 9 August 2015

"CELEBRATE" with colors

Hello Crafty peeps…
Welcoming you to my page today with mixed emotions. Today marks the 50th challenge at Anything But A card…yeah, that’s good news but then it also happens to be the last…so we decided to celebrate in style. That’s it, the theme this month is “Celebration” and do what your creative soul prompts you to except no cards!
Join in the celebration here and see what the Dt’s have to show you and looking forward to seeing all of you play one last time.
I decided to play with colors this time and that too metallics…am loving bright colors these days..Oh my! What happened to my vintage love??? Not to worry…
I altered an empty packaging box that was lying around and made something to fit inside…well that’s the surprise!
Here is the altered box..
Step1 – I took a piece of black CS measuring the lid size and ran it thru Itsy Bitsy floral embossing folder. Then generously rubbed brushed pewter DS and rubbed with a wipe to reveal the black CS in places.
Step2 – I took out all the bright acrylics and metallic colors that I had and started building up layers, wiping and applying to reveal the color beneath. Also gave dry streaks of acrylics…you can see the bright colors here.
Step3- I chose a bright orange fiber paper and covered the lid and then adhered this embossed CS on top. The flowers are made with Cheery Lynn Sun flower die on white handmade paper and spritzed some yellow metallics first and then rubbed in wild honey DI for the edges and also dry brushed some gesso to give texture. Foe the flower center I glued in some white sand and colored it with alcohol inks. I thought these two flowers complimented the embossed flowers on the CS. I had a few berries and CLD tropical leaves which completed the floral arrangement.
Step4 – The sentiment is from KaiserKraft and I love a little sentiment always peeking from all my projects. It’s as if they are trying to say something to you. I had some left over Sizzix flourish die cuts from my previous project and decided to heat emboss it in gold to add the ornamentation! The ornate button is modge mold colored with alcohol inks and then rubbed Inka gold. The corner metal plates have been antiqued with acrylics and Inka gold and finally some green crystal bling just makes you open your eyes wide! Yes…this is way too colorful…remember we are celebrating!
Step 5 – The box ix open now! What do you see…ye, a lovely had dyed seam binding in all the bright colored DI and I made a loopy bow with it. I decorated the center with some beads and baubles and some metal charms that says it all.
But WHAT IS THIS??? Any guesses….

 Step6- I made a clutch style mini album which fits perfectly inside the box. It has 4 pocket pages and spaces for small pics and spaces for journaling. I have used DCWV as proud as a Peacock, paper line. More colors…
I am glad I made this colorful project in time to give it to my cousin who visited me from London, I was meeting her after 6 years and yes, that moment had to be documented!
I hope this colorful feast prompts and inspires you to play along and do take time to participate in the “celebrations” challenge.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I would like to have this project enter the following challenges…
That CraftPlace – AG mixed media
Inky Chicks – use metal embellishment
Frosteddesigns- metals/metallics
Until my next creative journey,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling.

Cheers.

22 comments:

  1. Lovely Rupa.. The clutch mini album is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Rupa.. The clutch mini album is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Rupa !! love the beautiful effect on the top of the box, the clutch album is so colorful and I just love the closure you made for it !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and so colorful. Loved the idea of mini album like a clutch. Cool! Congrats on your 50th!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and so colorful. Loved the idea of mini album like a clutch. Cool! Congrats on your 50th!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and so colorful. Loved the idea of mini album like a clutch. Cool! Congrats on your 50th!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous colourful alteration. Love the mini album to record and store memories.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rupa. What a pretty altered box. Love the details and colors. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love your sunflowers Rupa...the center Especially is so gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome as ever !I loved the clutch style album and the lid of box looks amazing with texture n colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning Rupa! Your rainbow of colours is incredible and your texture is to die for! Love the added flowers and sentiment panel. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, love the colours and the texture. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place Mixed Media Challenge, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable Rupa :) i totally love the sunflowers.. They are super awesome :) very inspiring post.!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely & colorful Rupa. I love that embossing, that metallic sheen & those sunflowers are just awesome :) :) Beautiful work with all those embellishments :)
    ♥♥ Dream, Create, Inspire ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. What A fabulous Creation Beautiful in every way...
    Thank you for taking part in the Art By Miran Challenge ... Hug Tra

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely! !!!Great interpretation of the challenge !!!Thank you so much for playing with us at Frosted designs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful album, Rupa! I like the colours and my favourites are the sunflowers. The clutch style is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow beautiful Box and album. Thank you for joining us this month over at Craft for the Craic.
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much detail in this - its beautiful
    Thank you for entering it in Craft for the Craic challenge
    Pixie ( DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work! Love the metallic effect, so many gorgeous details in this project. Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete
  21. The details are amazing! Love the colors! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Craft for the Craic August.
    Hugs,
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous flowers!! Liked the colors as well. Thanks for playing along with CSCC Aug challenge- week 2. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete