Monday 7 December 2015

My Sunny Entrance

Hello crafty friends..
Welcome to my page today. I haven’t been blogging for a few weeks now...just not up to it with so much happening in my home town, Chennai. The rains have played havoc there and most of the city has had problems with it. With so much happening and rain lashing I decided to add some sunshine in my project.
I had a scrap wood piece lying around and decided to make a mixed media wall decor for my entrance. Here are a few easy steps...
Step1- I painted the scrap wood with a heavy coat od black gesso. You can actually see how weathered the wood piece is, with some holes already on it! PERFECT for my kind of project. I then applied Vaseline in random spots where I wanted some distressing to be done.
Step2- I applied a coat of white chalky finish paint ( Deco Art Everlasting). It dried in minutes and then I started sanding and in places where the Vaseline was there, the paint peeled off easily to reveal the black color beneath. I had a lovely distressed wood piece to play with now!
Step3- I made my own texture paste and added some white sand to it to make it coarse and grainy. Also added some black gesso to give it a cement like color and as I ran it thru the TCW bricks stencils, it just looked like cemented bricks!
Step 4- I decoupaged some flowers using  modge podge and also added pieces of washi tape in complimenting colors to the panel .An empty glass jar was given a bright yellow color and I added a resin butterfly to it for added interest.
 As the bottle was drying, I added a POP rose flower with flourish on the top of the panel, which I painted white and dry brushed some black gesso for some distressing. 
The base of the bottle has the same washi tape...doesn’t that look cool?
Step 5- Added some script stamped here and there Bo Bunny stamps and tried my hands with some carpentry here! I drilled a few holes to hold the bottle and ran a natural twine (thick) around the bottle to keep it secure on the panel. I hot glued the bottle before tying it with the twine and now it was ready to take up the weight I had imagined!
Step 6- I gave the entire panel 2 coats of varnish as that was drying, I decided to have this little quote to spruce up my mood and entrance. That’s it now it hangs pretty on my entrance wall!
Next time you visit home, do take time to notice it, else I am going to intentionally delay in opening the door, lol ! 

Thank you so much for stopping by today and hope your lives are filled with love, warmth and sunshine.
I would like to enter this panel in the following challenges...
Lulupu- Home Decor using modge podge and washi tape
We Love To Create- Ag mixed media
Until my next creative journey,
Happy Crafting and re cycling,
Cheers.
























15 comments:

  1. Haha if i get a chance to visit you.. i will notice it for sure how can i miss the beauty on the door.. its wonderful.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! It's Awesome!! So unique & different!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic bright summery project, love the colours they would cheer the winter days here in the UK.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mind blowingly stunning!keen to try this myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahem..Ahem...Completely noted...Sure to look for this lovely beauty art piece when am there!!!

    And...About this beauty...As always...you awe me with ur creative thoughts and its process..Jus loving every bit of work went into this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mind blown! Just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Rupa! So bright and cheery. I just love the pops of yellow, brilliant breath of fresh during this dark and damp season! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This so Beautiful...Started from a old wood piece to such a bright and wonderful piece ! I think any one visiting you home is sure going to forget to ring the bell , engaged in admiring this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is simply wow!!! u do get the rarest of rare ideas for a unique functional piece of art. simply awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do accept as true with all of the ideas you have offered for your post. They are very convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are too brief for novices. Could you please prolong them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.

    Regards
    Jyoti
    Question to ask a guy
    whatsapp dp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another gorgeous alteration Rupa! Thank you for joining us at Lulupu Challenge#56! Good luck & a very Happy & Crafty 2016 to you !

    ReplyDelete
  12. juthi Khan 01870000974 Dhaka Bangladesh call 01870000974 ইমু সেক্স ৮০০ টাকা ফোন সেক্স ৩০০ টাকা সেক্স টাইম ১ঘোন্টা সেক্স করতে কল দেও +8801870000974 ফোন সেক্স ৩০০টাকা ৬০মিনিট সেক্স করতে চাইলে কল দেও 01870000974 ইমু সেক্স ৮০০টাকা সেক্স টাইম ১ঘন্টা টাকা এগে বিকাশ করতে কল দিয়ে বিকাশ নাম্বার নেও কল দেও 01870000974 ১০০% গেরান্টি ও গোপণ থাকব n সেক্স করলে ১০০ ভাগ সেভ থাকবে ১বার টাই করে দেখ সেক্সী ঢাকা তে থাকি সেক্স করতে আগে বিকাশ করে টাকা দিতে হবে তার পর সেক্স হবে ১০০% গোপন তাকবে সেক্স করতে কল দেও 01870000974 সেক্সী ঢাকা তে থাকি সেক্স করতে আগে বিকাশ করে টাকা দিতে হবে তার পর সেক্স হবে ১০০% গোপন তাকবে সেক্স করতে কল দেও 01870000974
    Interests ইমু সেক্স ৮০০ টাকা ফোন সেক্স ৩০০ টাকা সেক্স টাইম ১ঘোন্টা সেক্স করতে কল দেও +8801870000974 ফোন সেক্স ৩০০টাকা ৬০মিনিট সেক্স করতে চাইলে কল দেও 01870000974 ইমু সেক্স ৮০০টাকা সেক্স টাইম ১ঘন্টা টাকা এগে বিকাশ করতে কল দিয়ে বিকাশ নাম্বার নেও কল দেও 01870000974 ১০০% গেরান্টি ও গোপণ থাকব
    Favourite Films ইমু সেক্স ৮০০ টাকা ফোন সেক্স ৩০০ টাকা সেক্স টাইম ১ঘোন্টা সেক্স করতে কল দেও +8801870000974 ফোন সেক্স ৩০০টাকা ৬০মিনিট সেক্স করতে চাইলে কল দেও 01870000974

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dhaka university student
    Online service girls mobile & whatsapp number +8801796595933
    Video call service 1000 tk
    Phone call service 500 tk
    CALL me +8801796595933

    Dhaka university student
    Online service girls mobile & whatsapp number +8801796595933
    Video call service 1000 tk
    Phone call service 500 tk
    CALL me +8801796595933

    Dhaka university student
    Online service girls mobile & whatsapp number +8801796595933
    Video call service 1000 tk
    Phone call service 500 tk
    CALL me +8801796595933

    ReplyDelete